pay for itself by preventing these problems…
- Hard water spots on your dishes
- Soap scum build-up on your shower door
- Limescale buildup on your shower heads
Spots on Glasses
Limescale and Hardness on Shower Head
Soap Scum on Bathtubs and Showers
Do you know that same build-up occurs on your skin?
A Culligan water softener isn’t just to protect your home, plumbing, appliances and save you money on harsh detergents and chemicals…
It also helps ensure you have soft, luxurious skin and radiant hair.
Is your Water working for you… or against you?
The term “Hard Water” refers to the amount of dissolved minerals (primarily limestone) in the water. It is usually measured in (gpg) grains per gallon or (mg/L) milligrams per liter. Homeowners will likely experience “Hard Water” spots on shower doors and dishware. They may not be aware of all the other problems associated with “Hard Water”.According to the US Geological Survey:
Hard water requires more soap and synthetic detergents for home laundry and washing, and contributes to scaling in boilers and industrial equipment. Hardness is caused by compounds of calcium and magnesium, and by a variety of other metals. General guidelines for classification of waters are: 0 to 60 mg/L (milligrams per liter) as calcium carbonate is classified as soft; 61 to 120 mg/L as moderately hard; 121 to 180 mg/L as hard; and more than 180 mg/L as very hard.
So how hard is the water in Amarillo and West Texas?
In other words, West Texas water is VERY HARDKeep in mind that water does vary a bit from house to house and even at different times of the year. The best way to determine how hard the water is at your house is with a Free Water Test. Fill out the contact form on the right to get started.
So how is SOFT water better than HARD water?Hard water is hard on appliances, hard on hot water heaters, hard on pipes, hard on your skin and hair. Soft water cleans better, saves time, money and energy. Once you experience life with a Culligan water softener, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. The soft, treated, conditioned water you get from a Culligan water softener will make life easier all around your house. With soft, Culligan water you will notice a dramatic difference everywhere you use water:
- The University of New Mexico discovered softened water can reduce hot water heating costs 29.6%.
- The Battelle Institute revealed that soap, laundry, and dish-detergent usage can be cut by up to 75%!
- Plumbing and Fixtures will be free of hard water build-up.
- Clothes won’t fade or lose color as quickly.
- Towels will stay fuller, fluffier, and last longer.
- Appliances that use water won’t need to be replaced so often.
- Soap Scum will no longer build up on bath tubs, shower doors, or your skin.
What makes Culligan my best choice?
Jimmy Lewis General Manager Culligan of Amarillo (806) 341-9454