- Tubs and showers are no longer covered in soap scum
- Sinks and faucets are cleaner with little or no scale buildup
- Clothes, linens and towels are much softer to the touch
- Clothes are cleaner and brighter
- Appliances work more efficiently and last longer
- Pipes are clearer and free of scale buildup
- Use up to 70% less detergent and soap
The Myth of Salt-Free Water SoftenersLook at the facts before you choose a salt-free “water treatment device” alternative. These devices are not water softeners, nor do they provide the same benefits as a traditional softener.
Independent study: Softeners among ‘very best’ household energy savers Water softeners can save significant amounts of money and energy in the home, a major new study by the independent Battelle Institute revealed. This could save you up to 70% on soaps and detergents. Softeners help preserve the efficiency of water heaters and major appliances and keep showers and faucets unclogged, the report found.
|Benefit||Culligan Automatic Water Softeners||Salt-Free Devices|
|Provides Softened Water||YES||NO|
|3rd Party Certification of Hardness Reduction||YES||NO|
|Reduces Soap Usage||YES||NO|
|Reduces soap scum and spots from hard water||YES||NO|
|Use fewer chemicals to clean up hard water residue||YES||NO|